When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Forebrake on bladed fork

#eBayPartner    Most Recent BUY IT NOW Items Listed on eBay
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
home made out of 16 gauge cold rolled steel. I used a sheet metal brake but you could do it in a vise.

forebrake clip truss.jpg

Think I'm gonna have to take autocycleplanes ......advice and try 1 of those. Might save a month of fabrication.

Saw this thread popped back up. Here is my update on that job. I made some out of old wald basket clamps I had. They had the right vintage finish and hardware I was after. I lined them both with some thin camper tape to help protect the paint a little. After a little love they worked perfectly.
20191112_131630.jpg

20191112_131640.jpg

20191112_131648.jpg

I bought the clamp from Bicycle bones. I was hoping it would allow pork chop to pivot clear of fender stay. Also it was more oval than round. Which is what I wanted. I made a form to mimic fork dimensions and molded clamp around it. But it turned out the pork chop was modified (bent) by previous owner to fit colson. So the clamp was centered on fork leg but the pork chop was no longer in stock position. I will post pics with replacement chop. As this led to removal of fork for straightening- fender stay straightened + overpaint removal- axle replacement fork cup replacement etc....
'

The Rear Drum brake clamp has a much flatter profile and would be ideal for the front fork.
The rear frame stay is pretty flat looking profile so they made a different clamp for the rear drum brakes

Back