When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Fork has disappeared

-

Rivnut

Cruisin' on my Bluebird
It seems that the fork for my ‘55 Hornet has disappeared. I have a couple of forks from Schwinn middleweights in which the fenders seem to fit fine. Is it going to be obvious that the fork is not correct?

It seems that the fork for my ‘55 Hornet has disappeared. I have a couple of forks from Schwinn middleweights in which the fenders seem to fit fine. Is it going to be obvious that the fork is not correct?
I have run balloon tire fenders on middleweight bikes before and ran balloon wheels/tires as well and you couldnt tell the difference. Specifically I did this on a 59 Schwinn American and unless you knew, you couldnt tell.

Sorry for your loss man. On the other hand, I am glad to hear that I am not the only person the Time Sketchers have forgotten to draw in parts of their lives.
Sometimes when we lose things, they draw them in later, either a place we looked in a dozen times like in my left hand or worse somewhere they never should've been, like my new banana seat in the freezer.
There favorite place to put things though is Latitude 25°, Longitude 71°.
Much harder to find those things, drawn inside the Bermuda Triangle.

I'm betting that I have a box with the fork, chain guard (I wanted a different one anyway which I have), and a couple of stems, and some other goodies. That box will be found after I've replaced what I need. The bike was originally a Starlet but I already have a couple of those.

I have a 1962 Typhoon 20" Pig Bike with a Carlisle Lightning Dart Balloon Tire on the rear. It has the same clearances as an early Stingray from what I can tell.

Back