When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

fork rethreading

#eBayPartner    Most Recent BUY IT NOW Items Listed on eBay
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
I dont know how bad the threads are but I would try to repair or "dress"
them with a thread file before rethreading the fork. Rethreading removes or recuts metal and could leave you with a loose fit

I have a thread Die you can use to clean up your threads..I'm in Moorpark..bring your fork we'll get it cleaned up..send me a PM for a phone number if you'd like..
PCHiggin is right though..its best to clean up the first few threads with a needle file(which I also have ) to assure the die starts square on your existing threads..
let me know if you need my help..
Art

I don't have one of those ,never even seen onebut I've cleaned up plenty of threads with a thin file before..do you have a picture of yours we can see?

I dont know how bad the threads are but I would try to repair or "dress"
them with a thread file before rethreading the fork. Rethreading removes or recuts metal and could leave you with a loose fit
I had watched my grandfather do that one time when I was a preteen 10-11 and thought that it could not be done he sure proved me wrong and you just gave me back a memory of my grand D back.

Back