When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Fork Sizes Please

#eBayPartner    Most Recent BUY IT NOW Items Listed on eBay
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture

Bike boys

Look Ma, No Hands!
Hello. I am doing some work on a customers bicycle it is a 1969 stingray.
The fork was welded and extended
(the tube part not the forks)

(More like a fair lady length of a tube)

Can someone please tell me the length of a men’s later stingray from the top of the forks to the top of the tube so I can correct it back to original? It is the original fork and he wants it corrected back to stock.

I will tap new threads.

The bearing race does not screw all the way down to contact the bearings in the head tube.
Because they added a higher neck.
(Custom work back in the 90s)
Just trying to get it back to stock.

Picture would be great and measurement.
thank you for your help.

I'm curious how the heck it worked after that 90's custom job! So what you are asking is the total overall length of the Steerer tube to the bottom of the fork race on a standard Sting Ray.
Wouldn't it be easier to just buy another fork?
https://rover.ebay.com/rover/1/711-...0001&campid=5335809022&icep_item=303812153290
The fork was held in place by bolts instead of bearings, I should of took a picture. It is the original forks and yes as much as I would like to buy new forks, he wants to keep it as original as possible with original parts. All I need is this tube measurement on a standard stingray, yes.

77E91D8D-056A-4158-BF43-EC6886460C45.png

Was the fork set from a girls bike? If not I would like to see a pic of the tube extension just for kicks

he had two forks. The modified one and a girls bike fork. He painted the girls bike fork professionally not knowing that the sizes were different so now I have to cut and re tap. If only I knew the thread sizes. Then I will be Golden.

There is a thread for that search it bicycle restoration tips. There are not too many sizes I beleive it is very common and standard size. Tap and Die available. you could also just thread the fitting past where you want to cut and back it off it should do a good job cutting threads and a little file work once you done.Just make sure you make a nice cut

Back