When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Found a tricycle for my son!!!

#eBayPartner    Most Recent BUY IT NOW Items Listed on eBay
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture

bikesnbuses

Riding a '38 Autocycle Deluxe
VERY happy to pick this up the other day off CL! Now I have a tricycle to restore for my son :D (19 months old,so I have time :rolleyes: )
2010_12210014-1.jpg

2010_12210010-1.jpg

2010_12210009-1.jpg

You bought a nice streamlined 1930s trike to restore. Would love to see pics with it all spiffed up. Based on photos on the www.tricyclefetish.com site, it appears to be an American National trike. Check the upper left red tricycle photo on this link: http://www.tricyclefetish.com/american_national.php Notice the white emblem on the front fender near the bottom? I can still see that same emblem at the bottom front fender location on yours. The front head of the frame is very similar in design as well - overall it's pretty much the same model as in the pic. I thought perhaps yours might be missing rear fenders as some models of the period had, but now I don't think it's missing anything other than tire material. Wish you success with your restoration! She'll be a real beauty all fixed up. :)

Dave

Last edited:
Good Eye schwinndoggy----most likely some poor Dad stayed up tooo late christmas eve getting it ready lol---been there done that lol

Working on a FLEET!I bought STRADALITEs Skippy to restore and scored these off Craigslist!!!
2011_06020005-1.jpg

2011_06020007-1.jpg

2011_06020009-1.jpg

2011_06020011-1.jpg

2011_06020012-1.jpg

The guy who had them was really cool,he told me they were cleaning out his grandmothers house and if I liked trains his uncles were throwing out whatever didnt appeal to them and I was welcome to go "picking" in the dumpster 10 minutes away!I found a few trains and parts,nothing too spectacular(mostly 70's -80's parts/trains,most were damaged:( ),but hey,it was FREE!!But I did find a small bag of NOS tricycle hubcaps in there!! :D
2011_06020013-1.jpg

Quite a nice collection of '30s trikes you're putting together. :) Looks like the earlier Sieberts had a normal spoke count in the wheels. Later ones had noticably more spokes in both front and rear wheels, which is how I've learned to spot them even missing their head badge. The center "nose" that sticks out on the rear step plate is another identifying feature of a Siebert trike, in this case a necessity with the main frame design. That handle bar design is also unique to Sieberts from what I've seen in other photos.

Dave

Last edited:
Oh...and just found an ID for your large fendered tricycle. According to the Tricyclefetish website, it's a 1930s Hedstrom Minuteman model.

Dave

Back