When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Found a Whizzer

#eBayPartner    Most Recent BUY IT NOW Items Listed on eBay
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture

Barto

Cruisin' on my Bluebird
So, I have this person I met who is starting to sell off his 50 year plus collection of all kinds of stuff. Well, while buying another item he allowed me into his house. He has a 1953 Whizzer in mostly original condition. He's not currently interested in selling and hasn't ridden it in 20 or 30 years. Except for the seat, Looks like an honest bike. Tried to get a photo of the S/N but thought I was pushing my luck. I know very little about these bikes but know I want one. From what you see ( these are all the photos he let me take) what's the value! I don't think it currently runs but it would with little effort. He says he's not ready to sell, but money talks...what is a good price for both me and the seller?

IMG_2115[1].JPG

IMG_2118[1].JPG

IMG_2121[1].JPG

IMG_2137[1].JPG

IMG_2138[1].JPG

IMG_2142[1].JPG

IMG_2148[1].JPG

Last edited:
Maybe the motors 53? but pre-war DX Henderson :) that looks home installed with some interesting frame modification for belt ( why? ) and wow, alot of interesting accessories, modern seat tho and sorry not up on values with all these factors.

Funky folk art
whizzer kit on a 41 DX bike...
running maybe 1500 range?

how much for the creepy doll in the crib...

...starting to buy props for a Halloween that corona won't happen....

View attachment 1195320
Yeah, I noticed the doll in the photo after I posted it - the doll is creepy for sure! The fellow who owns the bike values it much more than $1,500.00 I would love to buy it and the timing seems right as he's 71 and slowly selling things off. He told me in a few more years he's start to sell built he's not ready.

Morning all, I'm starting to court the owner of this Whizzer...he says he's not interested in selling for at least 4 years but hey, can't hurt to try. I would like to find out as much about this bike before I re-approach him. I know there are several different engine models...can anyone tell me which one this is?

Missing seat
Frame repairs on rear near drive belt
Funky fender mods
Weird drive belt (possibly car fan belt)
Can anyone see anything else out of place?

Bike has a basic assessment of $1500.00 for a non-running (easy to repair) 41 Schwinn DX and an ad-on motor. Where would you start the pricing...start at $1500 or come up from a lower number (say $1,300.00).

He also has trains and is starting very high but when push comes to shove, he's prices are pretty fair. He has a lot of sentimental attachment to this bike but I want a fair price for both of us...if he deals at all.

This is the second motorized bike I found in the wild and both were mistaken for original OEM Whizzers...neither were. the 1st guy just won't accept that he doesn't even have a Whizzer (it has a Briggs Engine)!

Well belt looks correct to me and the fender cutouts look about right for a home installed kit ( the directions say cut fender to clear belt ) and usually they just flatten frame for belt clearance so not sure what the did, some later conversions looked more professional. as far as model ( some here can tell you from just looking at the motor ) it is later than the bike, by the drain plug usually a ser. # with letter thats the model, looks like it has the optional clutch also. Just take it slow and let him know your first in line, chances are you will get a call to come get it sooner than you expect!. you might get more info in the motorized bike section.

I’m
Well belt looks correct to me and the fender cutouts look about right for a home installed kit ( the directions say cut fender to clear belt ) and usually they just flatten frame for belt clearance so not sure what the did, some later conversions looked more professional. as far as model ( some here can tell you from just looking at the motor ) it is later than the bike, by the drain plug usually a ser. # with letter thats the model, looks like it has the optional clutch also. Just take it slow and let him know your first in line, chances are you will get a call to come get it sooner than you expect!. you might get more info in the motorized bike section.
Thanks for the info - we’ve been talking and he’s super excited with all the info I’ve given him. I’ve invited him to my house to show him my bikes, old Harley and Hot Rod! I want him to know how his bike will be treated and respected! He said he wanted to think about it and I’m the only one in line! I’ve bought a several small items from him in the past and I think he trusts me (super important)! BTW, he says he went thru it a few years ago and it runs!!!! Starts hard. But It it runs!!!!! Yes! He said he would send the S/N! Do you know which model type this engine is? I’ll post this in the Motorized section for sure.

Back