When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Found an Indonesian Becak and fell in love with it!

-

Farmgirl1961

On Training Wheels
This past weekend we went out to Summer Lake Hot Springs (in Summer Lake, OR) and stumbled across this. My husband and I fell in love with it and plan to pick it up in a couple of weeks. We know virtually nothing about Indonesian Becaks other than the little we've been googling. I did see that a few of you have either sold or collected them. We'd love to learn more about this beauty and how easy or difficult it might be to restore. Not quite sure what we'll do with it yet. We would also be curious to know if there is any value in them. Thank you!
becak7.JPG
becak5.JPG
becak4.JPG
becak2.jpg

I know nothing about your new trike other than it's very colorful and very unique and I to love it because it's different. I wouldn't do much to it other than fix the missing top piece (awning), grease and oil it and enjoy the hell out of it. Thanks for posting and welcome to the Cabe. Other Cabers that know more will chime in with info.

I know nothing about your new trike other than it's very colorful and very unique and I to love it because it's different. I wouldn't do much to it other than fix the missing top piece (awning), grease and oil it and enjoy the hell out of it. Thanks for posting and welcome to the Cabe. Other Cabers that know more will chime in with info.
Thanks - we don't have it yet. We'll pick it up (hopefully it will fit in our Previa!) in a couple of weeks. The plan is to clean it up, replace the tires, get a new awning and get it so we can pedal it up and down the driveway.

Very cool! An attention getter, for sure. If you're the type who gives back, see if there's a Cycling Without Age group operating in your area. There are lots of older folks, unable to ride themselves, who would love a ride on that. And if CWA isn't operating near you, even better- hit up some retirement homes and make someone's day!

Crazy cool! Congrats on your new toy! Very cool that you want to ride and have fun with it. 😎 😎

Most likely you will need to remove everything above the handle bar to have a chance of fitting in a Previa(that's Toyotas mini van?. The canopy sits at about 5.5' & rear view mirrors above that. A pick up would be ideal for hauling it around but be sure to secure the canopy or it will be shredded at highway speeds. Hope you have some room on the farm for parking.😉

A little cleaning, servicing to be as efficient as possible(not the lightest things😂), some polyurethane to protect the art & exposed wood, maybe some tires and you and your friends and family would have a blast with it for a long time to come!!

Crazy cool! Congrats on your new toy! Very cool that you want to ride and have fun with it. 😎 😎

Most likely you will need to remove everything above the handle bar to have a chance of fitting in a Previa(that's Toyotas mini van?. The canopy sits at about 5.5' & rear view mirrors above that. A pick up would be ideal for hauling it around but be sure to secure the canopy or it will be shredded at highway speeds. Hope you have some room on the farm for parking.😉

A little cleaning, servicing to be as efficient as possible(not the lightest things😂), some polyurethane to protect the art & exposed wood, maybe some tires and you and your friends and family would have a blast with it for a long time to come!!
Yes, a pick-up truck with an 8 foot bed would be ideal, but we don't have one. We have an old utility trailer, but it lacks suspension and would probably be worse for wear on the becak. Yes, we'll most likely have to do some disassembly to get it into the Previa minivan (will remove all the back seats so it's open space). Thought about renting a U-haul, but their .89/mi really makes it cost prohibitive. We have plenty of room to store it.

Back