When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Found An Old Elgin Today

-

Daddy-O

Look Ma, No Hands!
Came across this gem at an estate sale in Dallas this weekend. The owner was a single gentleman in his 80s who recently passed away. He was never married and lived in the same house that his parents owned.

It just so happened that the sale was just a couple of blocks from where I work so I was able to go on Friday and place a bid. It was my first estate sale so it was kinda fun.

From what I can tell the seat, chaingaurd, handlebars and side stand are not original. The Lobdell wheels are beautiful and the Morrow hub looks nice too.

Any info on year and model would be much appreciated.

DSC_00422-1.jpg

DSC_0054-1.jpg

DSC_00432-1.jpg

DSC_00442-1.jpg

Nice find and astounding chrome! I just answered some Westfield serial number questions here so I posted some info for you on the Ratrod site.

Phil

awesome find, my friend and I just found a prewar elgin at an antique store near dallas last weekend after the pistons and paint hotrod show.

Back