When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Found these in at our air museum

#eBayPartner    Most Recent BUY IT NOW Items Listed on eBay
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture

shortbed57

On Training Wheels

Anyone have any knowledge about these wheels? The museum was going to trash them, but I thought I'd get some expert advice from you guys. Made them hold on to them. The second wheel has no axle or bearings. The rubber tires are rock hard and the wheels have the rounded edges.

Being that they're 24" wheels, they probably don't have too much value. They do appear to be either wood or metal clad wood rims so they are definitely older. I would think someone might be able to use them but I think it's probably a small market for those. The Morrow hub is probably the most useful part of these wheels.

Being that they're 24" wheels, they probably don't have too much value. They do appear to be either wood or metal clad wood rims so they are definitely older. I would think someone might be able to use them but I think it's probably a small market for those. The Morrow hub is probably the most useful part of these wheels.
They are 26 inch tires , wheels are measured at the outside of the tire

26 x 1 1/2 tire (see photo) for 24 inch rim , all wheels are measured at the outside diameter of the tire hence those are 26 inch wheels

Ah, I missed that it did say 26 on one of the tires. That being said, I do think the one without the hub guts is a 24" wheel due to the spoke count, there are only 28 spokes on that wheel. The other wheel with the Morrow hub has 36 spokes so that is most likely a 26" wheel.

Ah, I missed that it did say 26 on one of the tires. That being said, I do think the one without the hub guts is a 24" wheel due to the spoke count, there are only 28 spokes on that wheel. The other wheel with the Morrow hub has 36 spokes so that is most likely a 26" wheel.
The only way to tell for sure is to measure the diameter of the rim,if it measures 24 inches then it also would be a "26" inch wheel

Back