When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

found these in the trash

-

model-a

Finally riding a big boys bike
Don't know much about this bike other than it was free.

attachment.php

I've seen maybe a handful of Savoy with that head badge. Some of them stated Made in Taiwan.

so are these bikes from across the pond, I need to find some numbers so I can find out more about them.

model-a,chris

so are these bikes from across the pond, I need to find some numbers so I can find out more about them.

model-a,chris

The head badge is eerily reminiscent of Royce Union and further research indicates they are sister brands as some Savoy head badges state Union Cycle on them, like some Royce Union badges. Union Cycle was apparently established in 1904 and there is conflicting evidence to American and Dutch origin. 1904. I don't know if they ever had any manufacturing facility of their own but prior to the boom they had bicycles manufactured in Europe (England, Germany, Holland and Italy) Later it moved to Japan and after that, to Taiwan. I believe they are currently made in China.

Your bicycle could be from any one of numerous sources, but based on the design it's closest to the Japanese era (bicycle with purple head tube), which I believe was primarily very late 1960s and early 1970s. I'd be checking the major components for country of origin and date codes. The frame's serial number may also provide a clue.

Attachments

• Royce Union Japan Badge.jpg
    Royce Union Japan Badge.jpg
    17.4 KB · Views: 187
  • Savoy head badge Japan.jpg
    Savoy head badge Japan.jpg
    57.5 KB · Views: 192
  • Savoy head badge.jpg
    Savoy head badge.jpg
    19 KB · Views: 200
  • Savoy Union head badge.jpg
    Savoy Union head badge.jpg
    3.7 KB · Views: 196
Last edited:
I wouldn't spend a lot of time or any money on these. They really have no collector value and a decent set of tires and tubes would cost more than these are worth. V/r Shawn

Back