When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Found This Old Bird On The Porch...

#eBayPartner    Most Recent BUY IT NOW Items Listed on eBay
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture

bikewhorder

Riding a '38 Autocycle Deluxe
So the other night I was scrolling through Craigslist listings and there was one from this antique store in Vermont and they showed a picture of the store in the last photo and I noticed that there were some bikes on the porch in the photo and when I looked closer I couldn't believe my eyes. Here's the picture.

20160514_221021.jpg

And have been burnning up the phone every since.
Already got my plane ticket out to Vermont to pick it up.
JKent

I tried not to get too excited I figured the photo was old and the bike was long gone but I made a point to call them in the morning anyway and as it turns out they were not long gone the photo was a year old but they've been sitting there on the porch of this antique store for about a year. First I talked to the wife of the husband-and-wife team that ran the shop and I expressed my interest and threw out a few numbers based on the fuzzy photo and I got a call from the owner who said my numbers had perked his interest even though as far as he was concerned they were not for sale. I made the trip over there today and this is what I came home with.

20160514_133605.jpg

20160514_133709.jpg

Last edited:
Glad you didn't jinx it when you hinted about it before you got a chance to pick it up. Bluebird over Oriole any day! Love the homemade combination tank/rack on it.

Yeah an interesting footnote to this story is that I was actually on the phone with Chris AKA cds2323 at the time when I found this bike. I might have spaced out for a second during our conversation, sorry Chris.

Last edited:
Back