When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Found this today on my lunch break.

#eBayPartner    Most Recent BUY IT NOW Items Listed on eBay
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture

Joe Buffardi

Cruisin' on my Bluebird
image.jpeg
image.jpeg
image.jpeg
image.jpeg
image.jpeg
Found this on my lunch break and the guy wants tools to trade for the bike. I have plenty of tools.

Not to familiar with this but I do want a sharp road bike like I had back in highschool. Its in a really tight spot. I cant get a full shot of the bike. I will pull it out of the place tomorrow. If its worth building it I pick it up. Im not concerned about resale I want to ride it.

Looks a lot like a Le Tour
Schwinn499 will know lol!

There were a few models that were offered in full chrome and the 78 Super Le Tour 12.2 was one of them. From the pics I see it has the side pull calipers, Shimano derailleur and not sure if that rear hub was considered a high flange.

1978x09.jpg

There were a few models that were offered in full chrome and the 78 Super Le Tour 12.2 was one of them. From the pics I see it has the side pull calipers, Shimano derailleur and not sure if that rear hub was considered a high flange.

1978x09.jpg

dang! $50 added for full chrome frame...what was the base price?

dang! $50 added for full chrome frame...what was the base price?

It was only $265 plus tax, title, license, dealer prep and any additions. :p

"X-tra Lite" series 10 speed. Imported. Down tube shifters. 38 to 100 gear range. Shimano 600 rear derailleur. Shimano 60 front derailleur. Alloy cotterless crank set. Chrome-moly lugged frame with double butted top and down tubes. Chrome tipped tubular fork. Alloy stem and road racing handlebars. Round head badge. Name on top tube. Side pull Compe G brakes without suicide levers. Quick release hubs. Alloy rims. colors were Scarlet, Silver Mist, Black, and full chrome ($50.00 extra -- different model numbers). Frame sizes men’s 19", 21", 23", 25". $264.95. Optional thorn-resistant tubes, $6.50.

Because it's chrome; it will be heavier to ride... better work-out when you ride. Vinegar soak the rough, rusty spots [to 48 hours], brass brush, soap & water; dry; seal with good wax. The aluminum rim is not durable unless riding surface is total smooth.... I've acquired many a new Mt. Bike from the junk truck with an aluminum rim bent in a figure '8'. Nice score... just don't give him any of your 5/16" drive snap-on sockets/or/handles!

Back