When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Found today on CL. 1953 varsity world 3 speed. Wrong parts? (obvious and not so obvious)

#eBayPartner    Most Recent BUY IT NOW Items Listed on eBay
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
Here's a 53 or 54 I did for my brother in law a few years ago. It went through five boys, so it was very worn out!

DSC_0006.JPG

DSC_0015.JPG

DSC_0018.JPG

DSC_0022.JPG

DSC_0023.JPG

DSC_0024.JPG

I have what I think or remember to be a 54 ( I will have to check the serial number again). I picked it up last summer from the claimed original owner just about a mile from my home. (If his story was not true, he definately looked the part). I always asumed it was a traveller, but after seeing these photos I'm not so sure.

He spray painted it purple at some point many years ago with lots of over spray, and even gave me what was left of the can if I ever wanted to try and match the color. The bike is on my project list, I plan to strip it once again and do my own thing with it. I got it for a good cheap price (like 35$ or something), so the poor condition was not a issue. I watched it sit for a few days, and then tempation made me pick it up.

Last edited:
Back