When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Found

-

fxo550

Riding a '38 Autocycle Deluxe
I need a chainguard for this bike.

21BC99D2-E78D-40E4-B95D-836438A5863A.jpeg

Just an FYI your tank is like '38, 39 and your rack is 35, 36
Well....you are kinda right! I imagine you have noticed the location of the hanging straps and based your comment that it is a 38/9 tank. This tank is a 38/9 but has had the horn gills pounded in/removed to look like a 35/6 tank. The 35/6 tank did not come with the forward strap moved back. Or is it even an original metal tank fxo550? There are two chainguards on fee-bay right now!

Well....you are kinda right! I imagine you have noticed the location of the hanging straps and based your comment that it is a 38/9 tank. This tank is a 38/9 but has had the horn gills pounded in/removed to look like a 35/6 tank. The 35/6 tank did not come with the forward strap moved back. Or is it even an original metal tank fxo550? There are two chainguards on fee-bay right now!
Was sold to me as a 35/36 tank (fiberglass))
The frane is a35/36 can you help out on the year of the frame?

Here on the CABE we have a nice thread in the 'All things Schwinn' with Schwinn serial numbers pre/post war. Some of it is up for speculation but overall it'll put you in the ballpark! Sure looks like a 1936 frame but could be later serial number from a 'bc' model.

Back