When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

four bar monark

-

Strings-n-Spokes

I live for the CABE
Is the four bar monark a girly version of a five bar? I just got the wife a beautiful four bar, fedex dropped it off yesterday. It is red and blue w/ white pinstriping not suprising for a wartime bike and the little flag badge on the back(love those) the wheels are painted to match the frame did Monark do that? The thing about the wheel tho, they seem too small. Both the front and back have a big gap between the fender and tire,I can put my hand throught it, and the pedals scrape a little when turning. I have seen this gap on mens five bars too. It is almost like they planned on putting something other than 26" tires on them. Does this make any sense?? Am I losing my mind? Have I spent too mush time scrolling throught near endless bike parts searches on E-bay and fried my brain???? What is going on here? I need somebody to talk me down!! Why won't anybody answer my post in 'restoration' about put the string on the back fender to keep her skirt out of the tire??

Ding!

Brain Done!!!:D

4 bar is girly model does it have Gothic Fenders and a springer?

Let see some pics...

It could have painted rims, I have seen others...

J A M I E

pics

So I put some White Lightning in the oiler thing in the rear hub. I have been apprehensive to try the stuff in an old hub thinkinking it might mess with the coaster brakes on these old bikes but it was just the opposite!! The brakes didn't work at all when I put the bike together, but after I put the white lightning in and turned the pedals a few times all of a sudden the wheel just started rolling on it's own real nice. Remarkably well you could hear all the bearings start rolling freely it was cool, but the real neat thing happened when I turned over and took it for a test ride the brake started working again like the hub had just been rebuilt!! No kidding!! Well, here are some pictures of the wifes latest.

Attachments

• 4bar1.jpg
    4bar1.jpg
    112 KB · Views: 91
  • 4bar2.jpg
    4bar2.jpg
    110.7 KB · Views: 85
  • 4bar3.jpg
    4bar3.jpg
    89.7 KB · Views: 60
Back