When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

frame id help..

#eBayPartner    Most Recent BUY IT NOW Items Listed on eBay
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture

redline1968

Riding a '38 Autocycle Deluxe
i have had this frame laying around and started looking at it. i thought it was a hawthorne but the rear adj screws don't look like the hawthornes or any bike that i have. the fork and the crank im not sure about. any ideas?

Knowing your luck it's probably a Harley! Hope someone chimes in to ID it...chain adjusters look like Iver johnsons, maybe they (iver) made bikes under other labels/badges?

I have a tank that appears that it would fit it, and I was told that the tank was from a CWC, but that could encompass a few different brand names. The screws could have been changed at some point as well. I actually had a mead frame that looked almost identical to that. It would be nice if you had the original crank to help identify it.

It's not so much the actual screws that I was referring to but the threaded section of the rear dropout, that style is different from a lot of other bikes you see from that period. I never looked at a Mead up close though, and yeah knowing it was the original crank would help...Post a pic of your tank Ozz w/ dim's, maybe that will help narrow it down....

yes I would like to see the tank also. I'm still confused on it. I have a mead and the rear drops are different. I compared it with the rollfast and hawthorne ,elgin, harley. still nothing. ivers? I'll look closely at the 24" ivers that i have. also at the neck for the tell tale 3 screws.

Whatever the tank is it is not Cleveland Welding. They never produced a Moto type frame or Moto type toolbox tank, first entering bike production in late 1935 with a line of basic streamlined Camelback and Double-Bar Roadster frames with fully curved top tubes.

It's not so much the actual screws that I was referring to but the threaded section of the rear dropout, that style is different from a lot of other bikes you see from that period. I never looked at a Mead up close though, and yeah knowing it was the original crank would help...Post a pic of your tank Ozz w/ dim's, maybe that will help narrow it down....

You're right about the threaded area of the dropout adjusters. I spent hours and hours and hours last month looking at seemingly every motorbike on the net trying to identify one I've got. Those adjuster-threaded-mount-hole-things are different than everything I've seen, there are only about 3 common types.

Back