When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Frame ID help

#eBayPartner    Most Recent BUY IT NOW Items Listed on eBay
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture

Major Taylor Archive

I live for the CABE
I'm planning to put this frame up for sale but wanted to correctly identify the model and year. Any info would be greatly appreciated. Thanks ! Serial # is S95887.
IMG-1139.JPG

IMG-1141.JPG

IMG-1140.JPG

IMG-1142.JPG

Serial number was stamped Sept. 1, 1955. The only models with that seat tube decal in 1955 was the Corvette and the 1955 Balloon Jaguar. Looks like a middleweight frame but you'll have to verify.

Thank you GTs58. How would I verify ? I only have the frame, fenders, rear wheel and a box of small parts (pedals,crank,headset and some other bits).

Thank you GTs58. How would I verify ? I only have the frame, fenders, rear wheel and a box of small parts (pedals,crank,headset and some other bits).

If those parts are from a Corvette frame, the rims will be S-7's, the fenders will be stainless not chromed. Measuring the spread between the seat stays directly above the fender/brake bracket a middleweight will be 2".

Thanks for the info guys. I'm leaning toward it being a Tiger since it has painted fenders. All of the Corvettes and Jaguars seem to have chrome or stainless fenders. Since the Tiger used a 3 speed rear maybe the coaster barke rear I have isn't original ?

Back