When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Frame identification fun...

#eBayPartner    Most Recent BUY IT NOW Items Listed on eBay
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
As a side note: I took a quick look here for other Vicini's, but no examples from members so I will post the late 70s-very early 80s frame in a separate thread to provide an example.

-----

unlike some of the other oytoy marques the forum has discussed in recent months this one has an entry at CR:

---

Mirella anecdote -

me friend who purchased those new Leri mounts fifty yar back related to me the story behind them he got from the distributor -

"the maker was a steel fabricator not directly in the cycle trade

a customer ordered a lot of cycle frame tubing sets and then could not complete the transaction

so the steel fabricator decided to use them to build bicycles

the Mirella name comes from the head of the company whose face is emblazoned upon the head transfer"

this sounded quite improbable to me for all of the same reasons it must sound improbable to you but of course had not the means of pursuing the matter

seems comical in view of our present knowledge of the manufacturer

possible there may have been a grain of truth in there somewhere...

reminds me of the parlour game where participants sit in a circle and one person commences proceedings by whispering a message into the ear of the person next to them and the procedure goes on until the circle is completed when it is found that end message bears no relation whatsoever to the initial one

-----

John W. Murphy was the importer in SF, on Shipley street SOMA.

-----

thank you!

Jack Murphy was a machine tool man from Vallejo, California

he was fluent in Italian so being a stockist for Italian products was a natural for him

something of a sponsor to local cycling clubs giving them an insider price on his Coppi/Fiorelli badged machines

business seemed to disappear ~1983, causing me to wonder if it had been victim to the recession of 1982

-----

Last edited:
He brought in Vikings and Penines from England too. A Major distributor of Fiamme rims, which partially explains their prevalence in the Bay Area 60's-70's.

He brought in Vikings and Penines from England too. A Major distributor of Fiamme rims, which partially explains their prevalence in the Bay Area 60's-70's.

-----

thank you

had not known of the Viking & Penine marques as being stocked by him

recall seeing the Penines at a small neighbourhood shoppe in Pleasant Hill

always remeber them for the distinctive image of pine trees on a hillside they wear upon their seat stay caps

he was also a stockist for Specialites T.A.

-----

Back