When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Frame number and wheel question

#eBayPartner    Most Recent BUY IT NOW Items Listed on eBay
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture

schwinnbikebobb

I live for the CABE
Hi Guys:

I know I have seen it but been searching with no results. Serial number starts with 907 which I'm sure is who made it. Wheels have MO MFG stamped in them. Not sure what that means. Thanks!

Pictures are the best way to ID. Though, the MO stands for Murray of Ohio Manufacturing. It was one of the main bicycle makers that mostly farmed their frames out to companies like Sears and others.

tanklight bike

Bob,
No doubt a Murray.
Pictures don't do it justic when researching what it could be. If I pull it up on my Droid I can zoom in and see tha tank tab on the back side of the headtube. It could resemble the pic below.
The Chainguard is similar to the Western Flyers and the Sears bikes of the mid 60's.

Either way you can't go wrong with $20.
I'll buy the 2 rims and tires for $25, thats a $5 profit already.

The serial doesn't seem right....if it was a sears then it should have a prefix of 502. If it was a western flyer then it should be something like 28x10 or similar as a prefix.

this picture is sideways. The 2 ears should be at the top and the center tab and the bottom. This is a tanklight frame for my W/F Sabre Flyer...1970
attachment.php

Notice this Western Flyer middleweight Sabre Flyer serial starts with the pre prefix of MO

attachment.php

Last edited:
Back