When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

frame repainting tips

-
Just be sure to read the can of paint for drying time. From past experience, waiting a week or so will help keep from pulling paint when masking if using spray paint. Make sure the chemicals have flashed. Also, leave in the sun to bake the paint after shooting color. Seems to help make paint hard. I have some ivory appliance paint that has worked really well with these practices.View attachment 1050276
Thanks man. Priming now. Will hit ivory a couple hours later. Yeah I will need to wait a week before masking and hitting with blue. Unfortunately I'm painting in the shade. Might need to move it to dry.

I set mine in the sun to heat up while getting ready to shoot paint as well as leaving in the sun to cure. Has worked well for me in the past and helps reduce the chance of runs, drips and errors. Just take a deep breath and proceed slowly. No need to rush...

I set mine in the sun to heat up while getting ready to shoot paint as well as leaving in the sun to cure. Has worked well for me in the past and helps reduce the chance of runs, drips and errors. Just take a deep breath and proceed slowly. No need to rush...

You do that in these parts if you want something other than a smooth finish. Having the metal too hot can cause all kinds of issues with the paint like flash drying as soon as the paint hits the metal.

You do that in these parts if you want something other than a smooth finish. Having the metal too hot can cause all kinds of issues with the paint like flash drying as soon as the paint hits the metal.

I did have that issue once when I left a frame in the sun for a few hours before spraying on a really hot day. Thanks for reminding me. :)

Back