When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

frame repainting tips

#eBayPartner    Most Recent BUY IT NOW Items Listed on eBay
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture

tigaro

On Training Wheels
Hi everyone,

I want to restore my bike. Surely, repainting the whole frame. What tips can you give me regarding this project. I want to know everything, especially if you made any mistakes. Please, share your repainting experience.

PS: I haven’t purchased any tools and paint yet.

Hi everyone,

I want to restore my bike. Surely, repainting the whole frame. What tips can you give me regarding this project. I want to know everything, especially if you made any mistakes. Please, share your repainting experience.

I assume you mean professionally and not spray cans. Modern high quality paint jobs even those duplicating factory bike colors are done with urethane's, typically base coat clear coat systems. Using these paints on bike frames is no different than painting cars. The only difference is small touch up guns are used instead of full size spray guns. I recommend that you buy a couple of how too books on the subject and you will be far better served. On public forums you don't know if the claims of personal experience are even true and that can lead you down a path of costly mistakes and disappointment. Good luck!

http://www.ebay.com/sch/i.html?_fro...int+cars.TRS0&_nkw=how+to+paint+cars&_sacat=0

Hi everyone,

Being your first post, more info is needed. What bike do you want to paint? Any experience in any type of painting?
This is an open ended question as you can see if you read thru the threads that Rustjunkie posted. Give some more info please.

I assume you mean professionally and not spray cans. Modern high quality paint jobs even those duplicating factory bike colors are done with urethane's, typically base coat clear coat systems. Using these paints on bike frames is no different than painting cars. The only difference is small touch up guns are used instead of full size spray guns. I recommend that you buy a couple of how too books on the subject and you will be far better served. On public forums you don't know if the claims of personal experience are even true and that can lead you down a path of costly mistakes and disappointment. Good luck!

http://www.ebay.com/sch/i.html?_from=R40&_trksid=p2050601.m570.l1313.TR0.TRC0.H0.Xhow+to+paint+cars.TRS0&_nkw=how+to+paint+cars&_sacat=0

I do agree that reading up on this subject is always good. I've read a lot of those. But I have to ask about your comment on base coat/clear coats are the only way? Reading on the subject doesn't help until you pick up that spray gun the first time and spray.....no matter what paint media you are you are using. There is nothing like spraying and watching that run start........

Back