When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Frame size question

#eBayPartner    Most Recent BUY IT NOW Items Listed on eBay
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
Yes the do.

So it’s basically the same frame for all with just a change of the decals then?

I was wondering since I briefly rode a 26” Tiger and it felt a tad small compared to the Suburban and Speedster I own.

Middle weight frames fit people differently than light weight frames even if they are listed as the same size. I would agree middle weight frames feel smaller. Roger

Middle weight frames fit people differently than light weight frames even if they are listed as the same size. I would agree middle weight frames feel smaller. Roger
+1 on that. I’ve owned a Corvette (18”) and a 17” Speedster at the same time, and the smaller Speedster felt roomier. Note that handlebar shape and width plays a significant role also. The American was available in a larger “king size” format. Snap one up if you find it. Other differences between middleweight frames (and forks) include accommodations for rim brakes, and a design change around ‘61 or so affecting the rear stays.

Back