When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

frame suggestions

-
Thx for the suggestion, I found ratrods frames for sale, just frame and fork, do you have any thoughts about those, made in usa says worksman industrial frame. Im looking for a cool project for the next few months while its cold and dark.

I have a couple Industrial News Boy frames, it's not the large size. At 6'5" you might be crowded. If you like the look of the Worksman INB then check out the Sportsman Flyer frame, it's the same as the INB but stretched several inches and a loop bottom tube (unfortunately for you it's still same height). Definitely not good klunker ground clearance with that looped frame but it sure has the look, and the couple inches of stretch might fit better. $369 frame, might as well get the whole bike, standard model $499. The wheels and spokes that come on that baby can handle your 260 lbs no problem. Just another option. In the end, I would just call/email Worksman and price a M2600 frame or no frills M2600 bike.

At your size I'd look for a Cro-Mo tubed Contintal in the 24" frame size. front fork can be swapped out and rear reset for larger tires Earlier Steel framed MB are robust and can be built up using 29s but might require modifying the frame.

Thx for the suggestion, I found ratrods frames for sale, just frame and fork, do you have any thoughts about those, made in usa says worksman industrial frame. Im looking for a cool project for the next few months while its cold and dark.
The Worksman INB frames are the same as the M2600 just with shorter seat tube.

You could look for any prewar/postwar ballooner frames (that catches your eye) and outfit it with the correct parts mix in order to fit you. While not ideal, it can be done with 1.) long seat-post and 2.) different stem setup. "Klunker" to me prompts an image of a broken down, heavy beater squeaking and wiggling sideways down the road losing parts as it goes. You may not want your bike to ride this way!? I suggest you watch for a more-common, heavy duty 26"-wheeled frame and fork with no damage or repairs and go from there. @Autocycleplane has many examples of fitting his frames to ride properly and sets a great example of how to do it.

I don’t think anyone has ever claimed I set a good example for anything before now, and in this particular case I think @fordmike65 would respectfully disagree. But I’ll take the compliment, so thanks!

A king size American comes to mind. Glwyp.
Not really a klunker, cantilever frames broke to easily so they were not used as klunkers, the top tube is also way too short on these for someone 6'5".

I think the recommendation above on the 22"-24' seat tube Mead or Excelsior frames is on target.

Back