When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

frame suggestions

#eBayPartner    Most Recent BUY IT NOW Items Listed on eBay
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture

Jschwa

On Training Wheels
I am looking to build up my first klunker, i work at a bike collective and see a lot of bikes and parts roll through. Any suggestions for a good starting frame? Oh yeah, forgot, I am 6'5" 260 and need a sturdy and perhaps taller frame with a good reach. Tnks

A lot of companies like Schwinn make 2 frame sizes, 18" and 20". I'm 5'11" and like riding the larger frames. Early Mead frames can be taller then 20". I'm sure there are others that someone with expertise can tell you about. Good news is the larger frames aren't as popular as the smaller frames which means less $$$$. Good luck with your project.

@Jschwa ... Welcome to the CABE.

Not suggesting you build the one size
of Miami frame that is never cataloged ....
but here is the 26-inch Miami Savage
motorbike. These frames may have been
a special-order item. Savage was a private
label build .. similar to Mumford and Sons
Hardware.

A tribute-frame is do-able.

Standard Miami motorbike sizes are 20'' --
22'' and 24''.

..... patric

s-l1600  1915 F-M SPECIAL AND ROADSTER  01.jpg

DSCN0693 miami  f-m.jpg

P7180007  miami  f-m.jpg

ETHERNET GRAB ^^^^

Last edited:
You could look for any prewar/postwar ballooner frames (that catches your eye) and outfit it with the correct parts mix in order to fit you. While not ideal, it can be done with 1.) long seat-post and 2.) different stem setup. "Klunker" to me prompts an image of a broken down, heavy beater squeaking and wiggling sideways down the road losing parts as it goes. You may not want your bike to ride this way!? I suggest you watch for a more-common, heavy duty 26"-wheeled frame and fork with no damage or repairs and go from there. @Autocycleplane has many examples of fitting his frames to ride properly and sets a great example of how to do it.

Back