When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Frame tank clip removal ?

-

ditdater

Look Ma, No Hands!
anybody know if anyone is heating up and taking off tank clips off the the tank panther frames , to use on another panther frame to be able to use a tank on it ? i bought into a project that almost done but want to add a slimline tank . but either will have them fabbed up , unless someone has done it before .

Everything on a frame is welded or in some cases brazed. Nothing soldered or glued. Cut off the bracket and reweld. In the correct spot

Cool , thanks . I was thinking that might be answer or make own clips , someone just put a bug in my ear about heating up w a torch and could get it off that way , but a good welder probably could spot on a simple clip .

I’ve taken 2 of them off of 1960’s Hawthorne frames , both were spot welded . Fabricated one of my own and used one that i removed on different frames, I brazed them on .

You can attach the tanks w/o using the “clips.” Not as secure but they don’t go anywhere.

The slimline tank will slide down the headtube and fall off the bike without clips thru road vibration, plus scratch the **** out of your paint while doing so.

Back