When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Frame tank clip removal ?

#eBayPartner    Most Recent BUY IT NOW Items Listed on eBay
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
Because the tank halves are only screwed to each other and not anchored to the frame without the clips. It's not clamping pressure that hold a slimline tank to the frame with the screws alone, but the clips that keep it from sliding down. On a full cantelever tank, since it fills the whole open space it stays in place without clips, but I do not think that can apply to a slimline tank as it only fills the top 1/3 of that open space in a cantilevered frame.

Last edited:
Makes sense. I bought a 59 that was someone’s idea of a rat rod. At one time it had a peanut tank on it but I’m building it as a basic Tiger. Therefore I have a frame with the “clips” but no tank. I’d be willing to swap frames if someone would pay the freight both ways and add a little for handling. I would want the swap to be within a couple of years of a ‘59 either way. Send me a PM if you’re interested.

Back