When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Franken-Schwinn! A prewar Schwinn brought back to life with...?

#eBayPartner    Most Recent BUY IT NOW Items Listed on eBay
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture

Slick4d4d

Finally riding a big boys bike
Hello everyone, I recently acquired this bike and with help from others on this site they confirmed the frame is a prewar Schwinn, with an amalgamation of other parts on it like the seat, sprocket, springer fork, and Western flyer tires, to name a few. Now that I know the frame I would like to see if you can help me identify some of the other parts on this bike that allow it to be a ride ready bike, especially that fork, and maybe why it has a hole in the upper bar of the frame.

WP_20170911_16_22_24_Pro.jpg

WP_20170911_16_22_53_Pro.jpg

WP_20170911_16_23_23_Pro.jpg

WP_20170911_16_24_44_Pro.jpg

Probably a 1940 frame,serial number would help, hole was added sometime in it's life,chainguard is a aftermarket wald,springer is off a Huffman, neck is a b model/deluxe Schwinn razor neck,off a more deluxe model,seat is 50-70's,light/middleweight,grips were added,too. Hope this helps.

Sent from my SM-J700P using Tapatalk

Whoops,frame is 1941,rims could be stock/right,flat lobdells,new dearture rear,not sure on the front,either New Departure,or Schwinn.

Sent from my SM-J700P using Tapatalk

Thank you, I looked up Huffman, its a pretty cool bike and the springer makes for a nice ride on this bike. I did notice that the sprocket design was similar to the non skip tooth Huffman sprockets but not the same, do you have any idea as to what the sprocket on my bike is from.

Back