When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Free! Central Iowa pickup: 1964? Schwinn Varsity Tourist Sprint parts!

#eBayPartner    Most Recent BUY IT NOW Items Listed on eBay
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
Price
Zipcode

sworley

I live for the CABE
24'' frame, Sky Blue. G4xxxx SN. Come get it in Ames. Thanks!

thumbnail_IMG_4777.jpg

thumbnail_IMG_4778.jpg

thumbnail_IMG_4779.jpg

@TheCollective @Schwinny you could have a matching Tourist to the Paramount P-11 I sold you a few years ago!
I saw this on CL/ FB? last week and thought about it. Didn't know it was yours.
Im in Iowa City for a couple of weeks right now, but if its still around when I get back, I'll come get it.

Now, after working down at the collective and seeing 10-20 bikes a day come through the front door and just as many leave out the back, Ive become a little jaded to all but the cream.... :)
I now realize these are behind every garage in town and after people give up trying to sell or give them to someone they know, they will end up on the curb or will be brought down to the Collective as donation.
There is a recent thread here on the Le Tour Tourist and how it is rare, being only a two year bike and how it is under rated etc. Well, two have come in to the Collective in the past month and there is one on CL/FB right now.

While Im here in IC, I of course go into the Iowa City Bike Library.... I recommend a visit to anyone that is nearby. There are several oldies in there just waiting, and part bikes and parts out the wazoo.
Open Wed, Fri and Sat. 12-5. They aren't near as busy as the Des Moines Collective. Meaning their bikes pile up. If you go there, ask to look through the back room.... Its large, and full of what are their keepers.

@sworley are you going to be heading down to Knoxville, IA. on the 25th for the swap there?
Im thinking about heading up efforts for the collective to have a spot there.

So true! Can't save them all... This one came to me in just that fashion - my BIL pulled it out of a barn in Pella they're demolishing.

Not sure I'll make it down on the 25th. It's just slightly far enough away to have trouble justifying going on a whim.

Thanks for the reply and I will likely take this and the Raleigh Wyoming touring bike I got to our local Ames bicycle collective.

Back