When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Free Hot Mess

-

marching_out

Finally riding a big boys bike
So I had someone give these to me with the stipulation I could have them for free if I keep them or if I sell them, I give him half of what I make. I was fine with that due to the fact I had no idea what he had in the first place. He doesn't know anything about old bikes so he was unable to give me a description before I picked them up. I haven't had time to look up the numbers yet. Here's what I want to know...what are these and years? And outside the obvious, as the bikes sit, what is your opinion of value? Both are repainted with many missing parts. My gut tells me their worth more in parts than as they sit but these are a little out of my wheelhouse. Don't know if the extra seat goes with either bike.
IMG_2595.JPG
IMG_2597.JPG

IMG_2598.JPG

IMG_2599.JPG

IMG_2601.JPG

IMG_2607.JPG

IMG_2610.JPG

IMG_2612.JPG

IMG_2613.JPG

IMG_2615.JPG

IMG_2616.JPG

IMG_2619.JPG

IMG_2620.JPG

IMG_2623.JPG

IMG_2624.JPG

IMG_2627.JPG

Nice finds, first is a postwar late 40's B6 as previous stated, second Schwinn is a pre-war 1941 cantilever, with Lobdell rims (wrong bars etc. but most parts correct)fairly desirable for someone willing to do a complete restoration.

Hard to say exactly, being repainted puts them in a different category for a particular buyer, and parts might be worth more than the whole. Frame, fork/springer, tank, fenders, chain guard, crank, sprocket have decent value, but we're talking hundreds not thousands of dollars here.

Back