When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

French - Bicycles & Accessories info

#eBayPartner    Most Recent BUY IT NOW Items Listed on eBay
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture

filmonger

Riding a '38 Autocycle Deluxe
In Memoriam
Please post your French bikes & bits info

F Drouhin & Co

$_57-4.JPG
$_57-6.JPG
$_57-3.JPG
$_57-2.JPG
$_57-7.JPG
$_57-8.JPG
$_57-9.JPG
$_57-10.JPG
$_57-11.JPG
$_57-12.JPG

Here's one of my French bikes - I have owned many..
I bought this French bike about 25 yrs ago while visiting Paris, France. The owner of this bike store that I walked into didn't speak English and my French was not the greatest. But, when I said "Velodrome" he locked the front doors and took me out the back door of the shop. We walked down an alley where he opened these doors from an old garage that looked like it was about to collapse. In there were about 200 bikes and he pulled this one out for me. I bought it on the spot and brought it back on the plane with me. I've never found info on "Zinger" but did find something once on the seat tube name "Bergamini". He was some sort of bike racer if I remember. It has a Racycle chainring on it now but the original chainring is nearly identical, it's just smaller and I wanted to bike to look like Thaddeus Robl's bike of Germany. So, this is how the bike is represented now to look like the German champion on his Brennabor Stayer machine. If I put a regular front wheel back on the bike then it is a sloping top tube same as the old BSA racer. Sloping top tube bikes are actually quite rare today.

L1120788.JPG
L1060763.JPG
L1060762.JPG
L1120260.JPG

Here's one of my French bikes - I have owned many..
I bought this French bike about 25 yrs ago while visiting Paris, France. The owner of this bike store that I walked into didn't speak English and my French was not the greatest. But, when I said "Velodrome" he locked the front doors and took me out the back door of the shop. We walked down an alley where he opened these doors from an old garage that looked like it was about to collapse. In there were about 200 bikes and he pulled this one out for me. I bought it on the spot and brought it back on the plane with me. I've never found info on "Zinger" but did find something once on the seat tube name "Bergamini". He was some sort of bike racer if I remember. It has a Racycle chainring on it now but the original chainring is nearly identical, it's just smaller and I wanted to bike to look like Thaddeus Robl's bike of Germany. So, this is how the bike is represented now to look like the German champion on his Brennabor Stayer machine. If I put a regular front wheel back on the bike then it is a sloping top tube same as the old BSA racer. Sloping top tube bikes are actually quite rare today.

View attachment 454859 View attachment 454860 View attachment 454861 View attachment 454862
Lovely bicycle, love the motor pacing style.
The 'Bergamini' is a retailers transfer, they also sold sewing machines it seems!
There were at least two racers born around the TOC called Bergamini, Mario and Luciano, brothers of Italian origin.
It seems quite likely that they would have a retail establishment capitalizing on there racing success.
Here's a photo of Luciano.

C__Data_Users_DefApps_AppData_INTERNETEXPLORER_Temp_Saved Images_12517.jpg

Back