When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

French Firestone speed cruiser

-

Kustomtom

On Training Wheels
Hello all ! I ´ m a french 46 year old guy, I’ve always loved american culture, and last week I’ve found this superb bike for sale . In France there are not so much « connoisseurs « , could you help me to date it, and to know which parts are originals and which are not ? It is very rare to find one here, and for 70€ I’ m very happy !
thanks in advance !
70614E55-F37B-4172-84E5-D797D6F87C03.jpeg
FA843379-8B1C-4E07-BCA5-81178C4B42CE.jpeg
1BD6433A-FD43-40F2-BBC3-4CFC2220A16A.jpeg

Hello all ! I ´ m a french 46 year old guy, I’ve always loved american culture, and last week I’ve found this superb bike for sale . In France there are not so much « connoisseurs « , could you help me to date it, and to know which parts are originals and which are not ? It is very rare to find one here, and for 70€ I’ m very happy !
thanks in advance !View attachment 1502349View attachment 1502350View attachment 1502351
It looks like a mid '60s maybe made by Murray. Post a pic of serial number, it should be on rear drop out. The way the seat is falling apart looks recovered but hard to tell. I do not think the handlebars and seat would have come on it . Also it would have most likely had fenders. Still a great tide. A few other members from France have come up with American cruisers in the last couple of months. Post some more pics, good luck.

Welcome to the CABE. I agree with Coaster that the seat and bars are not factory. Getting a set of fenders shipped to France would likely be cost prohibitive as the bike doesn't have a great deal of value as a collectible. I'd rock it just like it is--probably won't see another where you're at! V/r Shawn

I believe I see a BMA/6 certification decal on the seat tube. That dates it from 1971-79. In that color, I'd put it at the early end.

Back