When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Fresh Find: 1976 Schwinn Scrambler

-

sworley

I live for the CABE
As part of any good road trip, scouring the local ads at the destination is a must. Ahead of a recent trip to Minneapolis, I messaged the seller of this '76 Scrambler prior to our arrival and even though the ad was 21 weeks old and the bike very reasonably priced, thankfully it was still available.

I am excited to get back on a ray after selling my '76 Kool Lemon Deluxe locally last summer. These early Scramblers are some of my favorite riding rays due to their rugged looks, lower gearing, and cross brace box bars. The lower gearing gets off the line quicker and my cycling style has no troubles spinning to near an aorta floating redline. The braced bars help keep everything together when really givin'er. Silver mist/black is a great color, too.

The plan is to clean it up and source some NOS top tube scrambler decals and possibly a "scrambler" crossbar pad. I love black oxide Ashtabula so this will also be a great canvas to hang any upgrades. Original pedals were included, I just didn't put them back on for the photos here. Should be a fun and easy project, the bike is very complete and nothing is stuck on it. Thanks for reading!

thumbnail_IMG_3598.jpg

thumbnail_IMG_3600.jpg

thumbnail_IMG_3601.jpg

thumbnail_IMG_3604.jpg

I really like it , I myself have two Scramblers set aside that need attention a 75 silver mist and 79 that someone sprayed all black , these early bmx pieces of history have always had a special place in my recollection of my childhood.
P.s. if you find a good source for decals, please let me know.

Rafael

I really like it , I myself have two Scramblers set aside that need attention a 75 silver mist and 79 that someone sprayed all black , these early bmx pieces of history have always had a special place in my recollection of my childhood.
P.s. if you find a good source for decals, please let me know.

Rafael

here are a few that might be what you are seeking...

Back