When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Fresh Find: 1976 Yamaha Moto Bike

#eBayPartner    Most Recent BUY IT NOW Items Listed on eBay
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture

sworley

I live for the CABE
Yesterday I reached out to the local seller and picked this up. Amazingly it was just a few blocks away.

It's a nice but gently used bike and highly original. The female owner (since new) treated it very well and has since let her children and grandchildren use it when they'd come to visit.

There is some play in the rear swingarm, rear hub and the crank is bent but those can be fixed easily enough. I'll source some black "box" bars from period to correct the Wald apehangers.

A brief ride around the block was a lot of fun, wild machine!

thumbnail_IMG_0682.jpg

thumbnail_IMG_0683.jpg

Yesterday I reached out to the local seller and picked this up. Amazingly it was just a few blocks away.

It's a nice but gently used bike and highly original. The female owner (since new) treated it very well and has since let her children and grandchildren use it when they'd come to visit.

There is some play in the rear swingarm, rear hub and the crank is bent but those can be fixed easily enough. I'll source some black "box" bars from period to correct the Wald apehangers.

A brief ride around the block was a lot of fun, wild machine!

View attachment 1412695

View attachment 1412696
What a score, I love these & this one is in superb condish!

That is the best one out of the three or four years those were made.the previous years had a euro bottom bracket and those crappy cottered 3 piece cranks.very problematic under any kind of hard riding.one piece crank and american bottom bracket was last year of the bike.

A few more pictures. I will pull the crank to see any markings to try to source a straight, correct one.

Does anyone know about the lower swingarm bushings/hardware in these? Looks like just a series of washers (mine are all there but loose). https://www.ebay.com/itm/254981954044?campid=5335809022

Any tips on servicing that would be appreciated, this rear end wiggles a mile in each direction and I'd like to get that shored up before riding it anymore.

thumbnail_IMG_0689.jpg

thumbnail_IMG_0690.jpg

Back