When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Fresh Find: 1980 Cook Brothers Three Bar Cruiser

#eBayPartner    Most Recent BUY IT NOW Items Listed on eBay
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
Yeah, 2K would be the, jump on a plane and go get it price.
One got parted out recently and brought something like 24K!
There was a repaired frame one, that just sold for 11K.
There’s a Cartel out here that’s driving the price of those, through the roof.
I wouldn’t be surprised if that one ends up in one of those guys hands.
If I found that at a thrift store, the first call I made would be to the Strand Crusiers.
Although, maybe not.
That is a pretty bad ass bike. Lol!

Some more tear down today. I want to get those bearings out, grease the shells and repress for future serviceability and also to wash and wax the frame. Fun sticker on the fork steerer. Damn this frame is LIGHT!

B5D0EB13-9EDA-4FCD-9120-265AE210C9B7.jpeg

47FDBE5F-F064-4469-B424-8619509D5F56.jpeg

726BEE73-3C65-48AA-A4C9-9CF21532ACBD.jpeg

Congrats! I love your tale of the chase. Anybody know of any existing accessible drawings of these frames? I'd love to see a post on measurements of chain stay (center to center), seat tube (center to top), head tube length, effective top tube length, fork axle to crown length, head tube angle, seat tube angle, etc. Other than the loop-tail and machined head tube, were these frames any different in design to the pre war, "clunker" based bikes? Also what are the main triangle tube dimensions on these? 1" top tube, 1" seat tube, 1 1/8" down tube? Again, congrats on a great bike!

that's just nutty... how much were they new?
Whole bike new was probably less than $600.

Problem was supply. Most weren't shipped past the rockies.

In 1978 to 1982 there was also a thing called inflation so it was rare that a kid could get his old man to spring for high end bmx bikes.

House interest was 17% so most dads were having a hard time paying mortgages.

Hence the outrageous prices now. They are rare. Cook parts are rare. That slant stem is probably 2k now. Bars ... Bearing cups...cranks. All big money.

Congrats.

Back