When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Fresh Find: 1980 Cook Brothers Three Bar Cruiser

#eBayPartner    Most Recent BUY IT NOW Items Listed on eBay
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
When you get it in your final stage you should bring it back by the old owner and get another picture together with it. Just a thought it was part of her life for a long time I’m sure she would love to see it all fixed up continuing it’s journey
Oh yes. She lives pretty close by and we keep in touch often. I enjoy giving her updates about my changes and also to let her know how I appreciate it.

Finally got my Cook hubs laced up. The rear flip flop hub was a Christmas gift from a good friend but I’ll be running the coaster brake wheel more frequently.

The front hub is unfortunately a later 3rd gen (Alpine) and the quick release axle doesn’t look at home as much as a bolt through would. Oh well, at least it has a cool, period Campagnolo skewer, I guess…

B76C8097-98DD-4F51-BC73-FB11542D2F98.jpeg

150DBDB9-DEC2-4DF5-A489-FB02AC8020C9.jpeg

C64CD4F7-7313-425E-9F6B-AFAFE46F440F.png

935F5B82-F14A-45AE-A57A-5A6C62BB6573.jpeg

For a while, I had a nice set of Cook Longhorn bars but I got a little antsy about having so much tied up in a set of handlebars so I listed them. A guy out of Atlanta bought them, I put on some black S&M High Husky bars and life went on.

Recently, I'd been missing those Cook bars, wanted some chrome bars instead of black, plus the 34'' S&M bars were a bear to fit through doorways and also were kind of painful on longer rides. I put out a soft feeler on some rider condition Longhorns and the same guy I sold my set to replied that he happened to have a rougher set. These have wear marks from a mounted number plate and were cut down to 26" from the stock 31". But they were about 30% off from the set I sold so it felt like a more tolerable entry point. I didn't mind the wear and patina because it better matched my bike and the chop was common on these bars as period racing regulation dictated 28" bars, I believe, so it's very uncommon to find stock-width Longhorns. My machinist buddy says it would be nothing to bring these back to 31'' if I was ever interested. I'm very happy with them!

thumbnail_IMG_7137.jpg

thumbnail_IMG_7138.jpg

thumbnail_IMG_7140.jpg

Last edited:
Back