When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Fresh Find:Elgin Twin Bar 20

#eBayPartner    Most Recent BUY IT NOW Items Listed on eBay
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture

fordmike65

Riding a '37 Colson Imperial
Hello fellow CABErs. I came upon a very unexpected surprise during a late night skim of my local Craigslist. I found blurry,badly lit pics of an upside-down bike hanging from rafters. I enlarged the pic,and still wasn't quite sure what I was looking at. Not only due to the bad pics, but because I'm fairly new to the Vintage bicycle hobby. I thought I saw 2 top tubes,2 lower tubes, but couldn't make out the seat tube. Was this an Elgin? Similar to the one I drooled over being sold in the classifieds here just a few weeks ago? I forwarded pics to fellow member lobsterboyx(Danny). I knew he had a couple of his own and would be able to tell right away. Sure enough, it's a Elgin Twin Bar 20. The ad had been posted at 10:51pm. I was texting to set up a meet by 11:10pm. So, I did what any excited bike collector with a job would do. I made up a well planned out excuse to be 3hrs late to work this morning! I picked up Danny on the way there to take advantage of his Twin Bar expertise to ensure I as making a wise investment. Here she is,as I purchased her. It had been sandblasted(why must everyone do that!),primered,wrong wheels,bars,grips & I believe seat installed. Other than that, she looks pretty complete. The seller also threw in an extra pair of newer import G3 copies & a really nice Schwinn skiptooth crankset. Danny hooked me up with a correct air-cooled rear hub assembly,so I can lace it up to a set of crusty drop-centers for now. I plan to go through and clean,grease & adjust it up for daily riding until I can come up with the needed parts & more importantly $$$ for a complete resto.

5Z35Ed5K33F93Mb3H1c81f5cb647777b619b61-1.jpg

5L45V15W33E23nf3G8c819559fa8d12081ee4-1.jpg

IMAG0823-1.jpg

Last edited:
Looks Familiar

Here is my original paint 20 -- I got it on a large auction site many moons ago -- rode it last Saturday to the Huntington Beach US Open Surfing Competition -- RIDE VINTAGE -- Frank

Twinn 20 LBC.jpg
Twinn 20 the Wedge 8-2012.jpg

Mike and I had a fun day, It was good to see him jump in to this level of collecting. Its a clean bike that needs just a bit to be cruising. Congrats Mike - see you sunday!

Mike, here's that saddle...fringe comes off.

Attachments

• DSC01530.JPG
    DSC01530.JPG
    140.5 KB · Views: 46
  • DSC01529.JPG
    DSC01529.JPG
    143.9 KB · Views: 44
  • DSC01528.JPG
    DSC01528.JPG
    135.9 KB · Views: 50
  • DSC01527.JPG
    DSC01527.JPG
    133.6 KB · Views: 44
Los Angeles CL score? Damn, you lucky dog! Congrats! Gonna ride it at the LB swap this weekend?

Yeah, I was pretty surprised myself. Still need a few things like a correct front hub, bars,light & rear reflector. I'll be at the Antique Drags in Barona this Sunday, so I won't be able to make it out to the swapmeet this time. I took my Twin Bar to my first Coasters ride last month. It did pretty well, except for the seat riding up...Ouch!

Can anyone help me decipher these numbers stamped on the lower tubes under the BB? I'd like to know the year if possible. I can get better pics if needed. It just means I have to manage the awkward task of flipping it over that Twin Bar owners know all too well. That's the only time you really miss not having a seat tube.

Back