When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Fresh Find:Elgin Twin Bar 20

-
The numbers on the tubes under BB are hard to read, and lots of um too. I can't tell if that is a Murray or Westfield built bike.
Can you take a pic of the rear from above the rack looking forward, and a better shot of the digits, both will help in identifying and dating the bike.

Don't know if either one of these will help some. I'll flip her over and sand a bit to see if I can make out the numbers any better.

IMAG0824-1.jpg

IMAG0975_zps91678359-1.jpg

Last edited:
Westfield

Great shots, it's a Westfied bike, should be real easy to determine the year once you uncover the serial. The letter that precedes the number is the year indicator.

Thanks for the info. I'll flip her over & check the numbers a bit better when I get home tonight after dinner.

I usually ride one of my bikes to my local barbershop one Saturday a month. It's less than a 1/2mile to downtown, so it's a nice leisurely ride. Sometimes my girl will join me and go to a small antique shop a few blocks away while I'm getting my Doo trimmed. Afterwards, we'll grab some lunch,and if we're not in a hurry, a couple beers as well. Sometimes a few too many. Anywho, this was the first time I took my Twin Bar out there. You should've seen the looks it got! The things rusted, in primer & people were staring,asking what year it was,where I got it,how long I've had it. No one had never seen a frame anything like it. The guys at the barbershop crowded around,checking it out, noticing new details with every glance. The absence of a seatpost grabbed the most attention, but they also noticed the frame design,sheetmetal,shroud,etc. The Twin Bar really is quite a unique bike. I feel very proud and fortunate to have one. Someday, I plan to restore it to it's former beauty. Thank you all for all your help so far. I still have a long way to go....

IMAG0957_zpsac4d9f60-1.jpg

Last edited:
VERY NICE FIND ... i like the elgin you found. I do have a rear carrier for that if your intrested and with a jewel all original. PM if your intrested.:)

"All I got in this world is my balls and my word and I don't break either of 'em for nobody!"

Thought I'd post a few updated pics. I found a men's rear fender with correct Delta #15 reflector attached,though it has the incorrect Murray braces. Picked up some semi correct 26" wide Torrington's, and SW/Air Cooled wheelset, which luckily came with the chainadjusters. All I need now are the correct rear fender braces & cranknut.

IMAG0309_zps2fe45705-1.jpg

IMAG0310_zpse9e61c3b-1.jpg

IMAG0311_zps5721f047-1.jpg

Back