When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Fresh find! New addition to the crusty crew

#eBayPartner    Most Recent BUY IT NOW Items Listed on eBay
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture

tacochris

Cruisin' on my Bluebird
So where to begin....Maybe with the unshakable smile on my face for starters! Sorry about the crappy pics, it was dark and raining when I got home.

Ive known about this bike for a while but it was just too pricey originally so I just let it go and moved on my life. Flash forward to yesterday when I made an offer and it was accepted after 3 days of talking!! My phantom collection is finally completed!
September of 52 (E28928) green BFG-badged phantom, one owner still covered in dirt and cobwebs and sweaty just like I like em! Bars, grips, pedals and dog leg crank obviously wrong, and missing the fork key but my Lord what a beauty! Came with 2 sets of pedals, both sets are Schwinn, neither set are phantom. Even came with a little old hand pump...
This bike is going to clean up really nice and will stay a permanent part of my collection.
I am blessed, humbled and so excited for its new life.
Enjoy....

PS---if that lady who's name I wont mention, with the other BFG green phantom wants it, I will take 5K....that's 1K off her price and a steal. haha kidding

GREEN1.jpg

GREEN2.jpg

GREEN3.jpg

GREEN4.jpg

GREEN5.jpg

GREEN6.jpg

I let my curiosity get the best of me tonight and i did a light wash/clean on the old bugger. The green paint is surprisingly solid but as expected, the chrome is shot from all those years sitting in an out-building.
Not the end of the world, its still gonna make a really sexy patina cruiser.

6725D994-0797-4A16-BC9B-765AB9657801.jpeg

2ED5DAE3-A17A-45E9-982E-7F3A7AF1B153.jpeg

8167F6B5-F697-4F42-9C83-DECF62990917.jpeg

Is this where I ask when you’re gonna restore it?

Haha. Sweet ride brother! Can’t wait to see what you do with it. Also, shame on you for not posting a family photo of your phantoms! 😆
Haha! Let me tell ya, if you see me saying im doing a full resto on something, im trying to warn you ive been kidnapped and to send help! Lol
Naaaah but its gonna be alot cleaner by the time im done with it and see an awful lot of miles.
Never thought ide say this, i think i might love this one more than the black and red versions! The dark green reminds me of a Model A or something!

Haha! Let me tell ya, if you see me saying im doing a full resto on something, im trying to warn you ive been kidnapped and to send help! Lol
Naaaah but its gonna be alot cleaner by the time im done with it and see an awful lot of miles.
Never thought ide say this, i think i might love this one more than the black and red versions! The dark green reminds me of a Model A or something!
I’m a fan of the greens too! So classy.

Don't keep us guessing, post the pics, this site needs more action.
O its not the wildest change but a change none-the-less. I dont have the free time to do the full blow-apart refresh it needs but i have done some fair paint clean up on it as well as refurbishing the 50’s blackwalls on it. Also, i managed to ditch those unattractive later paperboy bars in favor of the correct bars and some early white script grips.
She’s lookin beautiful as ever though...

6BF7E4CE-61E5-426E-9F09-B8DA4906B7E0.jpeg

F2C290D1-2778-4078-8727-CF211CABBC5E.jpeg

Back