When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Fresh pickup: 1989? Bianchi

-
Seems like it’s hard for me to find these in my size and for me, it has to be Celeste. Got it for a decent price, it will need some cleanup and service, though.

Got lucky with my Super Bowl pool at work this year so covered about 90% of the purchase price.

I gave it a rough eyeball measure before I bought it - roughly 55cm. Parts look all original and are a mix of Suntour, Modolo sp? and a Stronglight crank. Columbus tubing, again year is approximate.

DE770944-DD20-44CB-B79D-63A98A86B27D.jpeg

I won the Super Bowl pool in 68 ? in junior high when the Jets and Joe Namath and the AFL shocked the Baltimore Colts. But that was only $20 something dollars. I'd taken the lowest number and what they all thought would be a high scoring affair was a grudging struggle. Don't tell me, I've got
nothing to do. Bianchis are cool- good find

Sunflower road.jpg

@bikepaulie Very nice! A higher-end model than mine, I see what appears to be Campy Record parts on there?

Mine is the Campione d'Italia model, I peeled off the flaking top tube decals. This model got you Columbus tubing but not much else, I believe it was the lowest end model that was made in Italy yet but it works for me!

------

Congratulations on winning the Super Bowl pool! ;)

Thanks very much for sharing this beauty.

You have certainly done a fine job with it.

In looking at the photos I first assumed mozzi must be OFMEGA.

Then had to give myself a dope slap when remembered that OFMEGA ceased play ~1985.

So perhaps they are MICHE?

This manufacturer no longer offers any traditional appearing hub models -

https://www.miche.it/it/prodotti/strada/mozzi.html

Thanks again.

Hope things have thawed out a bit for you there so it can be better enjoyed...

-----

Back