When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

FRESH TRADE Crusty 1950 schwinn panther

#eBayPartner    Most Recent BUY IT NOW Items Listed on eBay
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
I think I am going to turn it into a deluxe hornet since the chrome is so bad , whatcha think ?
I would just do whatever you want with it, it's a neat old bike. I am pretty sure Hornets of any year never had that chainguard. I would just get a patinaed rear rack and clean it up the best you can and enjoy.

Maybe we can come up with something on your club idea , that be awesome !!!!
Bikes with rust & patina just feel more their age & character , their is probably a good story behind every scratch and dent !!!!!!!
No offense to nice painted bikes because I respect the work that goes into them....but when I see a shiny painted old phantom or autocycle, it beautiful, but looks identical to the last one I saw and side by side they all look the same.
My crusty bikes are like finger prints and personalities and I can pick every one of my bikes out in a line up because they have their own look, and history and attitude! Plus, if you've ever seen me, Im not a shiny, perfect person....I look homeless in most cases (or so my wife tells me) haha. I like my bikes as a reflection of my personality.

Well said @tacochris ! I would be proud to join your club as I love crusty bikes, pick up trucks, cars, etc!!!

Photo evidence:

The subject of this thread is right up my alley! 😉

Well said @tacochris ! I would be proud to join your club as I love crusty bikes, pick up trucks, cars, etc!!!

Photo evidence:
View attachment 1480117

View attachment 1480123

View attachment 1480126

View attachment 1480128

The subject of this thread is right up my alley! 😉
Man thats a beautiful line up! Its really awesome to see people who think like me and dont call me crazy! haha I think the Yard Art group would be just awesome and Ive pitched it to alot of people who just look at me like Im crazy. Im at the point now where I almost dont wanna own a bike that isnt rough, to the degree that every shiny nice bike I have I end up selling in favor of something crusty and rough.

I landed this Monark recently from this site and its crrrrusssssty but its quickly becoming one of my most anticipated builds once the 45 is done. Pictures dont do the crust justice....its like a work of art to me. Seat was replaced with a better one because the original was a tetanus hazard. haha

crusty monark.jpg

Man thats a beautiful line up! Its really awesome to see people who think like me and dont call me crazy! haha I think the Yard Art group would be just awesome and Ive pitched it to alot of people who just look at me like Im crazy. Im at the point now where I almost dont wanna own a bike that isnt rough, to the degree that every shiny nice bike I have I end up selling in favor of something crusty and rough.

I landed this Monark recently from this site and its crrrrusssssty but its quickly becoming one of my most anticipated builds once the 45 is done. Pictures dont do the crust justice....its like a work of art to me. Seat was replaced with a better one because the original was a tetanus hazard. haha

View attachment 1480135
I love what you preach, brother. I’ve always ridden crusty stuff because that’s what I could afford to play with. Over time I just didn’t care anymore and embraced the suck. Lol. Plus I love the looks on peoples faces when they see me roll up on some scrap pile. Makes me happy to give things new life that others would just walk right by…

View attachment 1480135

Thanks Chris! There area few folks here that have impressive crusty bikes in their collection. The "Who Prefers to Preserve the Crust" thread is a great place to see them. 😉 I have parts for a CWC delivery cycle marinating for a crusty build in the near future.(As soon as I can make some room🙄).

I also find the general public seems to be drawn to the crustier bikes for some reason as well. If they walk up on a group of us they tend to favor them over nicer bikes with lots of paint left. My Mead won "Best Bike" at 2019 Denver Tweed Ride for crying out loud. 😂 I've just always been drawn to crusty stuff with wheels. Especially when fixed up, hot rodded, custom, whatever and put back in service.

Another thing I like about a crusty bike is you don't have to worry about it getting scratched to much.

Back