When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

From Frame To Tank Gap...?

-

Pressed Steel 1915

Finally riding a big boys bike
Building rust-rat rod type bike, Wanting to use as period correct parts as possible.

After reading a few other post about folks using the wrong size/shape tank I now feel a little " Tank-Conscious "

The gap from tank to frame is large enough to drive a Cadillac through but it also could play its part ?

And looking for another rusty beat-up tank a more correct size could add $150//$200+ more to budget.

Would you use the tank at hand or just hold off....................????..........Or not use one at all.........????

thanks

DSCN0924.JPG

DSCN0925.JPG

DSCN0921.JPG

DSCN0922.JPG

DSCN0923.JPG

Does that tank mount to the bottom bar or is it a hanging tank? If it is a hanging tank you can make straps to place it more evenly in the frame. Either way I'd probably just use the tank you have. V/r Shawn

You're building a rusty rat and worried about a tank gap? :confused:

I think you'll be fine, I don't think anyone is going to make fun of you for having a little gap. If they do, ask them to point out their rusty rat...... I personally think your current strap system is perfect. :D

Personally I feel the tank has to much gap. Soooo, you should sell it, cheap. Yes, I need one for my 35 Hawthorne. Seriously, I would use it and have no issues with the gap.

( RustyHornet ) you are correct, Why worry about a gap when the bike looks like that.....

& The bike dose have straps...Its a hanging tank not a " pull-strap " tank.....thanks for your reply.

I would do what I think looks best. Doesn't matter what anyone else thinks. It's your project to enjoy and be proud of.

Back