When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

From rust to glory... The story of a 1902 Pierce chainless cushion restoration begins!

#eBayPartner    Most Recent BUY IT NOW Items Listed on eBay
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
I am still away from my workshop but I will be starting the restoration of the '02 Pierce soon and I still need the front hub!!! Can anyone help?? If I can't get one I will use the later than 1906 hub that came with the bike.

Then stain the ash rims with a dark honey stain and then cover with milk paint. You can use a small propane torch and char the surface, before staining. This will give a depth of distressed antique finish.
Then use a fine mesh 3-M scuff sponge on the milk paint finish, until you get the right faux antique look.
Great info

I am still away from my workshop but I will be starting the restoration of the '02 Pierce soon and I still need the front hub!!! Can anyone help?? If I can't get one I will use the later than 1906 hub that came with the bike.

if you have the rear Pierce ND hub, you could simply use a ND model M.
my Pierce full suspension drive shaft is the Pan American model (all original parts still on the bike) with the rear Pierce ND coaster brake and the front hub has the same hourglass hub shape as the rear hub ..... my front hub is not marked ND model M, and doesn't have the oil port, but it's pretty damn similar to a model M hub

Last edited:
Back