When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

From rust to glory... The story of a 1902 Pierce chainless cushion restoration begins!

#eBayPartner    Most Recent BUY IT NOW Items Listed on eBay
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
Stutzman makes them in ash.
That was standard, possibly maple.
So it looks like this might be my set up to get my "man in the USA" to ask Stutzman

For 1902 Pierce.
Rim size is 28" with 1-3/4" Robert Dean tubular tires
36 Spoke rear, 32 spoke front.
Bare wood finish.
Profile "standard"
Wood type "standard", ash

Unless you can think of anything else I think we might have it nailed down?

Tryes have arrived at my man in the States house (thanks Mitch!) he is ordering my rims soon and then will send everything to NZ in one very well packed box.

Rims have arrived at Mitch's house in the USA to be put in with the tyres and shipped over to NZ (when my finances recover after buying the tyres and rims!).
Where do I buy nipples for these rims these days? And was there anything special about Pierce spokes in 1902??
Still looking for the front hub...

The bike it taking shape, at least in needed parts.

Rims have arrived at Mitch's house in the USA to be put in with the tyres and shipped over to NZ (when my finances recover after buying the tyres and rims!).
Where do I buy nipples for these rims these days? And was there anything special about Pierce spokes in 1902??
Still looking for the front hub...

The bike it taking shape, at least in needed parts.
View attachment 1303093

View attachment 1303094

View attachment 1303095

Rims look nice
Scott sells them
You will need to find rim washers too

https://rover.ebay.com/rover/1/711-...0001&campid=5335809022&icep_item=303660299003

My new tyres, new rims, new spoke nipples and a seat mount are all on their way from Mitch in Kansas who not only sold me the bike AND let me pay if off but has been a HUGE help putting all my other purchases in one box to save shipping costs to NZ on the large items. Thanks Mitch!!! :) He is responsible for me getting my holy grail bike and I really appreciate that. :)

Still no luck finding the correct from hub..... what should I do if one does not turn up in time for the restoration?? Make one? Or fit one off another bike that is close? Another Pierce hub from another year?? I have a post 1906 (?) New Departure model M with oiler that came with the bike..... just fit that and wait for an original hub to come along in the years to come and respoke the wheels to the correct hub later?? It would be nice to do it all at the same time.... Thoughts? The lose hub is the one I have, old pictures is the one want.....

20200811_195416.jpg

20200811_195430.jpg

hub feb 1902.jpg

hub 1903.jpg

I am also needing a rear underside bevel cover but I never really bother to look for one as I expect they are not around at any price. There is enough there to copy and fabricate

a new one from scratch.

Back