When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

From rust to glory... The story of a 1902 Pierce chainless cushion restoration begins!

#eBayPartner    Most Recent BUY IT NOW Items Listed on eBay
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
What I am thinking with the pedals is to take the "tread stip" off.... straighten it out flat.... pick the best side and have it scanned copied to the other side and water jet in new steel.

Reactions: JLF
It looks like the seat collar unscrews- that looks like a hole for a pin spanner, with a little wear from tightening it. But it sill looks like the seatpost has sunk down. If you go into production with the water jet tread strips I think you'd have a lot of customers- at least I'd want a few!

I really admire your passion for this bike! I'm looking forward to watching the progress!!
Have fun Amigo

Ok, pedals. Now I am confused. I have been told that the pedals are and are not original!! Seems that Pierce used a couple of different Star pedals. In the 1902 catalogue it says for the chainless cushion frame bike has "Star rat trap" with option for "Star rubber". The chain racing Pierce in the same catalogue has "Star racing rat trap" listed for that bike. So i think mine are the Star racing pedals. If that's the case I might keep them and fix them up as there were available in the correct year on that brand of bike so it is possible that they were a period upgrade.
Thoughts?

I was surprised to find a APR 27.97 patent date on the bell that was on the bike... I had assumed it was a later addition but maybe not. I cleaned the silver paint off and under some slight remains of what looked like nickel plating the bell is not brass but looks like German silver. It still works too! Good American made stuff :)

Back