When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Sold Front Brake HUB Model WD prewar NEW in box - COMPLETE - FS

-
Price
$495
Zipcode

Balloonatic

Riding my '39 Silver King 26X
===>>> PRICE JUST REDUCED BY $100 TO $495. SHIPPED TO THE LOWER 48. THIS ITEM IS ALSO GOING ON EBAY TODAY BUT AT A HIGHER PRICE TO HELP COVER THE PP & EBAY FEES.

FIRST COME, FIRST SERVED ON THIS ITEM - I WILL HONOR THE TIME STAMP OF WHOMEVER RESPONDS FIRST FOR THIS SALE AND HONOR THE PRICE LISTED ON EITHER VENUE.

Here is a NEW/OLD STOCK, unused New Departure Model WD front brake hub from the prewar era for sale.

This high-end accessory is often found on Shelby Speedline Airflo, Silver King, and other high-end, prewar bicycles.

The parts envelope is marked "New Departure, Division of General Motors" at the bottom. I never knew GM owned ND? I'm sure you all did, but I learned something new.

Looks to be all there and complete, please see photos. Does not look to have ever been mounted or used. No corrosion, damage or rust on the unit, the original chrome is gorgeous on this hub. The original cad plating on the arms is near perfect too.

Box lid has a tear and crease on top, and one corner is split with tape inside and partial splits on other corners. It's worn but surprisingly intact considering it's probably at least 80 years old and has been housing this heavy, metal hub for so many years. And it's complete with the insert, original instructions and parts packing list envelope.

I have seen these Model WD brakes in the box like this before but not in such new, complete condition. Paperwork is also very tidy and complete. This could go right on a restored bike and be right at home, it's that crisp.

Please PM me to purchase, and please DO NOT post or comment here?

$595. Now $495 shipped in the continental US lower 48 states.

Thanks!

Balloonatic O-O

wd brake (1).jpg

wd brake (2).jpg

wd brake (3).jpg

wd brake (4).jpg

wd brake (5).jpg

wd brake (6).jpg

wd brake (7).jpg

wd brake (8).jpg

wd brake (9).jpg

wd brake (10).jpg