When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Front Hub Question

#eBayPartner    Most Recent BUY IT NOW Items Listed on eBay
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture

Rides4Fun

Finally riding a big boys bike
Hi folks,

I'm new and have a couple of questions regarding Balloon tired bike hubs and axles. I need a cone or two and nut for the 36 spoke hub shown in the photo. My questions are:

1. Can you tell me the brand name of this hub?

2. Is 26 tpi the standard thread count for the original axle that I have for this hub?

3. What spoke gauge does it use?

4. Is it cheaper to replace the whole axle assembly or should I focus on just the cones and nut to keep as much orIginal as possible?

I'm planning to have this laced to a drop center rim for my '39 Westfields bike and want to make sure I get the right cones, nut, or axle replacement.

Appreciate any help you can offer.

Thank you,

Rides4Fun

20170425_163227.jpg

Thank each of you for your help and insights. Been soaking things for several days and scrubbed the stuff and I am able to see that the cages have Torrington inscribed on them...cages have 6 bearings. Am putting out my feelers that someone may have the two cones I need, plus one nut to fit this axle? Also, can someone let me know if this is a 24tpi or 24tpi axle?

A "newbie" and love the Cabe!

Thank you,

Barry

20170426_202737.jpg

Back