When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Frozen Crankset Yard Art to Rider

-
I refurbished the pedals today, I pulled the parts I needed to replace the missing ones from the parts shed to complete the set. Wire wheel is my friend. 😎

Last edited:
It's a Schwinn, it was better off as yard art. 🤣 Just kidding bud. Great save! I love these types of builds. Extremely challenging to bring them back. I have a Shelby Hiawatha that was left for dead I got going again. The whole bike was seized, yet both previous owners claimed it was a rider...... the crank didn't even make one revolution.

It's a Schwinn, it was better off as yard art. 🤣 Just kidding bud. Great save! I love these types of builds. Extremely challenging to bring them back. I have a Shelby Hiawatha that was left for dead I got going again. The whole bike was seized, yet both previous owners claimed it was a rider...... the crank didn't even make one revolution.
It did look good with flowers planted in the basket🙄 This is how I got started in the hobby years ago, taking throwaways and going through all the mechanicals to make them pedal easy and ride smooth, with no concern for the cosmetics. This will probably be a good swap meet rider for this year's swaps. I've got about 15 hrs. labor into this already, not going to make a living doing it.😂

It did look good with flowers planted in the basket🙄 This is how I got started in the hobby years ago, taking throwaways and going through all the mechanicals to make them pedal easy and ride smooth, with no concern for the cosmetics. This will probably be a good swap meet rider for this year's swaps. I've got about 15 hrs. labor into this already, not going to make a living doing it.😂

I highly prefer the crusty bikes over any nice bike. They ride better and they all are quiet. No squeaks, rattles, etc. I've got quite a few beaters and they're my go to bikes. The beat part, you can't tell if they're dirty. No need for a wipe down. 🤣

Back