When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Frozen Crankset Yard Art to Rider

#eBayPartner    Most Recent BUY IT NOW Items Listed on eBay
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
After soaking for two days and a 2 hour session on the wire wheel, the chain finally loosened up enough to put it on the bike. We had a break in the weather so I took a ride to break the chain in. Some of the rollers were sticky at first, and the ride was a little lumpy. But after a couple miles it really loosened up. It pedals easy, the ride is smooth and it coasts forever. 1764207

Last edited:
@Tim the Skid , waddya call that knob on the bars? I think I need one......
I don't know why it's on the bike, but it was there so I left it. They're called "suicide knobs" or "brodie knobs". They were intended for trucks and farm equipment originally but were also used on cars that didn't have power steering to supposedly making steering easier. My cousin had a friend that had one mounted on the left side of the wheel so he could steer one handed with his left arm while he put his right arm around his date. 😂

When I got my 1940 dx it was completely seized up too. Wouldn’t even steer! I have a ton over time into making it a swap meet runner but worth every minute! I use the atf transmission fluid and an old broiler pan with a propane torch to free the frozen chains. I’ll hang the pan off the edge of my work bench and use the torch under the pan to boil the transmission fluid with the chain in it. Works excellent!

E643A3EC-0F53-4C72-BEED-E773309ED487.jpeg

B4D912C5-4991-442E-A81F-7FF7162FC633.jpeg

Back