When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

FS: 1936 Raleigh Tourist

#eBayPartner    Most Recent BUY IT NOW Items Listed on eBay
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
T

Tourist36

For sale is a 1936 Raleigh Tourist. Work of art. Beautiful and un-restored example of a pre-war English roadster.

I don't believe this bicycle has been ridden since the 1950's. It has been in the family since new and is un-restored and all original. The tires are flat and the Brooks seat is in pretty rough condition. The rims have a rough feel to them. The bracket that holds on the rear fender is broken on one side. (see pics) I have not attempted to fix these things, I will leave that to the wishes of the next owner. As you can see it will not require much to get this bike to showroom condition

005-1.jpg

018-1.jpg

Frame is black with factory hand painted red pinstripe.

The Rear Hub is a 3 speed Sturmey Archer "AW" hub. The Hub says "Patent Applied For". This is the first year of manufacture for the AW.

The front Hub is a "DynOhub". I don't know much about these. First year of DynOhub manufacture?

Sturmey Archer 3-speed quadrant shifter

Brooks "B2" Lady's model Seat.
Rod Brakes

Antique "Persons" leather tool bag with tools and Raleigh manual.

Any questions or comments are welcome! I will add pics of specific parts on request. Prefer Pick-up in Massachusetts. Will consider shipping from a bike shop at buyers expense.

Reasonable offers considered.

003-1.jpg

034-1.jpg

020-1.jpg

018-1.jpg

007-1.jpg

027-1.jpg

024-1.jpg

009-1.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Hello,
Waltham, Massachusetts area, 10 miles west of Boston. $625/bo
To be honest I'm not in a hurry to see it go. I could keep in for another 75 years, it's a beautiful showpiece. I doubt there are many of them around in similar condition to this, un-restored. I'm not really a bike person so it would make me happy to see it go to someone who really appreciates these. It is something special.
Come take a look if you like what you see.

Thanks anyway, They are quite common in that condition and better, especially here in New England. I needed a few parts only off of this one

Back