When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

FS: 1936 Raleigh Tourist

-
T

Tourist36

For sale is a 1936 Raleigh Tourist. Work of art. Beautiful and un-restored example of a pre-war English roadster.

I don't believe this bicycle has been ridden since the 1950's. It has been in the family since new and is un-restored and all original. The tires are flat and the Brooks seat is in pretty rough condition. The rims have a rough feel to them. The bracket that holds on the rear fender is broken on one side. (see pics) I have not attempted to fix these things, I will leave that to the wishes of the next owner. As you can see it will not require much to get this bike to showroom condition

005-1.jpg

018-1.jpg

Frame is black with factory hand painted red pinstripe.

The Rear Hub is a 3 speed Sturmey Archer "AW" hub. The Hub says "Patent Applied For". This is the first year of manufacture for the AW.

The front Hub is a "DynOhub". I don't know much about these. First year of DynOhub manufacture?

Sturmey Archer 3-speed quadrant shifter

Brooks "B2" Lady's model Seat.
Rod Brakes

Antique "Persons" leather tool bag with tools and Raleigh manual.

Any questions or comments are welcome! I will add pics of specific parts on request. Prefer Pick-up in Massachusetts. Will consider shipping from a bike shop at buyers expense.

Reasonable offers considered.

003-1.jpg

034-1.jpg

020-1.jpg

018-1.jpg

007-1.jpg

027-1.jpg

024-1.jpg

009-1.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Hello,
Waltham, Massachusetts area, 10 miles west of Boston. $625/bo
To be honest I'm not in a hurry to see it go. I could keep in for another 75 years, it's a beautiful showpiece. I doubt there are many of them around in similar condition to this, un-restored. I'm not really a bike person so it would make me happy to see it go to someone who really appreciates these. It is something special.
Come take a look if you like what you see.

Thanks anyway, They are quite common in that condition and better, especially here in New England. I needed a few parts only off of this one

Back